- 1 litre vegetable or chicken stock
- 1 large head of broccoli, chopped
- 3 sticks of celery, chopped
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 200g Stilton, cubed
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- Salt & pepper to taste
- Heat the oil in a large saucepan or soup pan and gently fry the onions and celery for 5 minutes.
- Add the garlic powder and chopped broccoli and fry for a further 5 minutes.
- Add the stock and bring to the boil.
- Simmer for around 10 minutes, until the vegetables have softened.
- Add the chopped Stilton and stir in to melt a little.
- Turn off the heat and use a hand or jug blender to liquidise your soup to a smooth consistency.
- Add salt and pepper to taste.
- If the soup is too thick, you can add a little more stock or hot water.
- Serve with crusty bread.