1. Picked and froze 4 lbs of courgettes
2. Picked and froze 3lb greengages
3. Washed and cleaned my own car
4. Laid some free vinyl flooring in the downstairs loo
5. Line dried all the laundry
6. Baked a loaf of bread
7. Picked and froze 3 lb blackberries
8. Bagged some bargain cat food at Sainsbury’s. £1 off the usual posh cat sachets they like (£3.50 a box instead of £4.50)and £5 off a huge bag of cat biscuits, which was £10 instead of £15 (fussy cats! They will only eat a couple of brands)
9. Added water to all the bottles of hand wash in the house to make them go further
10. Cycled to my friend’s house for dinner instead of driving and took a lovely bottle of cava round that cost £5.49 instead of £12
11. Sowed some spring greens and carrots on the veg patch
12. Went through my bank statements with a fine tooth comb and found two payments that shouldn’t have been taken, so refunds of £175 on the way! This is why I should check them more often!!
13. Ate only home grown vegetables apart from potatoes – they are quite cheap so I usually only grow new potatoes
14. Had paying students for the past 6 weeks
There! I thought I was so busy I had achieved nothing! There is nothing like a list! I will be on a soup making frenzy at some point this weekend as well so that we can eat more of our own veg into the autumn.
What were your frugal accomplishments this week?