I am very excited that one of my fellow bloggers, the lovely Mona over at Small Things Good , has kindly nominated my blog for a Liebster Award.
Here is a bit of background to the award – basically it is aimed at promoting undiscovered bloggers like myself!
The word “Liebster” originates from the German word “liebste” which means “dearest”. The origin of this award is unknown, although several posts have suggested a German blog. The rules of this award have changed over the years although the underlying goal remains the same: to bring attention to blogs that have not been discovered yet. In 2010, the rule was to pick 3-5 blogs that have less than 3,000 readers but recently, you list 10 blogs with less than 200 subscribers. It is quite a dramatic difference, but for the better.
- Thank the person who nominated you and link to their blog.
- Show off your award on your blog (in a post, widget, etc.).
- Answer 10 questions given to you by your nominee.
- Create 10 questions of your own.
- Nominate 5-10 of your favorite blogs with fewer than 200 followers and notify them of their nomination.
- And of course, tell them about it and provide a link back to your website so that they can know more about the award!
Here are the questions I answered:
- What was the driving force that led you to start your blog? I was, and still am, struggling with money and realised that I felt so much better when I took control of my expenditure. Frugality became a hobby rather than just a necessity. The blog was partly to share my experiences of being a frugalista and partly to give myself encouragement and renewed determination to keep going!
- Chicken or Fish? It has to be fish! I love it. However, day to day I eat more chicken because it is cheaper.
- If you could meet any famous person, recent or past, who would you want to meet? Gandhi, or failing that, Jason Isaacs 😉
- If you could know the exact moment you were going to die, would you want to? Why? Lord, no! It would make me anxious to be aware of my impending doom! Would anyone say yes?
- What is your favorite thing to blog about? Anything and everything, mostly with a frugal theme. But sometimes I am inspired by a particular event, so will blog about that.
- Sweet or savoury? Can’t I have both? I love chocolate! However, if I have to choose it would be savoury.
- If you had to choose one meal to eat, every day for the rest of your life, what would it be? Really good sausages with creamy mash, vegetables and gravy. I think if I chose something fussy I would get bored more quickly.
- Chocolate or Vanilla? Chocolate, preferably very dark with a touch of ginger.
- Tell me 5 random things about yourself. I spent 7 months on a kibbutz in Israel and had my 21st birthday there. I am a qualified yoga teacher. I once nearly drowned doing white water rafting in New Zealand. My nickname is Chickenlady because I used to keep chickens and now have a collection of china, cloth and metal chickens. I dream of owning a VW camper van.
- Cake or Pie? Cake, obviously! I love baking too,
My 10 questions to the bloggers I give the Liebster Award to are:
Why did you start your blog?
What are your hobbies?
Trip of a lifetime, where would you go?
Who would be your top 4 guests, dead or alive, at your dream dinner party?
Which do you prefer for an evening out – clubbing it or a meal in a restaurant?
Sweet or savoury?
What would your dream career be?
Who is your celebrity crush?
What is your favourite season and why?
What is your one all-time favorite food?
It’s hard to know exactly how many followers some blogs have as they don’t always say! Anyway, I nominate:
Please check out their blogs!